Home > Alumni
- October 31: All Pitt Alumni Event in Taipei
All University of Pittsburgh Alumni are invited to an alumni gathering in Taipei, Taiwan on Friday, October 31, 2014.
- November 1: Pitt Business Alumni Gathering in Bangkok
Join Dean John T. Delaney and Alumni Director Jim Waite for an informal gathering in Bangkok.
- November 3: The Katz Gives Back Fall Blood Drive
Make your life-saving donation in this special blood drive on the first floor of Mervis Hall.
- November 6: European Business School Alumni Insights: EBS Alumni Meets Tesla
Katz alumni are invited to join the European Business School for exciting lectures and discussions in an informal atmosphere in all eXebsler regions.
- November 6: Berg Center for Ethics and Leadership presents speaker Stefan Parker
MBA Alumnus, Stefan Parker will present on IEX Trading Platform, Ethics in Trading, and the current regulatory landscape on Thursday, November 6, 2014.
- November 10: University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business and the University of Augsburg Alumni Gathering
You are cordially invited to a gathering of fellow alumni and prospective students in Munich, Germany.
- Webinar Series- November 12: Value-Creating Strategic Social Media Marketing
November's webinar will focus on Value-Creating Strategic Social Media Marketing presented by Dr. Andrew Stephen.
- November 18: NAWMBA & Alumnae Council Happy Hour
All Pitt Business alumnae are invited to join the National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA) and the Alumnae Council for a causal happy hour.
- November 3-December 12: The Katz Gives Back Box in the Dean Fall Food Drive
Alumni are invited to help students in the Box in the Dean Fall Food Drive.
- 2014-2015 Pitt Business Webinar Series
All Pitt alums, current students, and prospective students are welcome to join us online for a series of webinars designed to bring you cutting-edge information and strategies to improve your professional opportunities.
- Alumni Spotlight: Pittsburgh Startup Captures the Science Behind the Swing
C.J. Handron (MBA ’10) is the CEO and co-founder of Diamond Kinetics, a Pittsburgh-based startup that helps hitters break down the science of their baseball swings. The company makes lightweight sensors to track the swing data.
- Pitt Business Receives $1 Million from Howard Hanna Family to Support Business Students
The Howard Hanna Family has provided a gift of $1 million to the University of Pittsburgh’s Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business and College of Business Administration to provide need-based financial support for graduate and undergraduate business students.
- Alumni Spotlight: Money Manager Creates Innovative Hedge Fund
Patrick Browder (MBA '11) is the co-founder of Browder Capital, a Fort Worth,Texas company whose hedge fund is quite different than those offered by their Wall Street counterparts. The trading platform is more transparent, more accessible to average investors, and more liquid.
- Alumni Spotlight: New Book to Help Startups Get Traction
San Francisco entrepreneur Justin Mares (BSBA '12) is the co-author of "Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers," a new book based on interviews with more than 40 well-known company founders including those at Wikipedia, Reddit, Kayak, Evernote, and more.