Assistant Professor of Business Administration
Office: 216 Mervis Hall
- PhD – Accountancy, University of Missouri—Columbia
- MBA - University of Dayton
- BS – Accounting, University of Dayton
Josh Gunn’s research focuses on auditing and financial accounting topics, including the way that geographic location affects capital market participants, such as auditors and sell-side analysts. His research has explored how local labor market characteristics affect audit markets, and local knowledge spillovers and sell-side analysts’ reports. He teaches intermediate financial accounting.
Josh completed his doctoral studies at the University of Missouri—Columbia in 2014 and earned a B.S. in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Dayton in 2002. Prior to pursuing a Ph.D., he was an audit manager with Deloitte for almost eight years in the Louisville, KY, Cincinnati, OH, and Zurich, Switzerland offices, where he worked on audit engagements for a variety of public and private companies.
Intermediate Financial Reporting 2
- Joshua L. Gunn, Matthew J. Beck and Jere R. Francis, “Public Company Audits and City-Specific Labor Characteristics," conditionally accepted to Contemporary Accounting Research
- Joshua L. Gunn, Yangyang Fan, Chan Li, and Nandu Nagarajan, "Auditor Litigation, Audit Office Pricing, and Client Acceptance," revising for second-round submission to The Accounting Review
- Joshua L. Gunn and Paul N. Michas, "Auditor Multinational Expertise and Audit Quality," revising for second-round submission to The Accounting Review
- Joshua L. Gunn, Inder K. Khurana and Sarah E. Stein, “The Timing of Asset Impairments During the Financial Crisis," revising for second-round submission to Journal of Business, Finance, and Accounting
- "Best Conference Paper” at the 2013 AAA Auditing Section Midyear Conference, with Matthew Beck and Jere Francis
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2013
- Slusher Business Scholarship for Graduate International Studies, 2013
Certified Public Accountant (Kentucky, inactive)
Josh enjoys spending time with his wife and three kids. In his spare time, he enjoys running, college sports, and traveling.