Clinical Assistant Professor
Information Systems and Technology Management
Office: 213 Mervis Hall
- MBA with major in Information Systems, University of North Alabama
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Electrical Communications Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
Kaushik joined as faculty of the Katz School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh in 2017 following a 22-year-career in industry.
Of the 22 years of industry experience, Kaushik has an extensive 21 years of experience working in the SAP ERP platform. He started his career with Philips Telecommunication Industries Pvt. Ltd. as Development Officer, designing telecommunication equipment, repeaters and scramblers. Next he joined Price Waterhouse Coopers as an IT Level 3 SAP Consultant and worked in major global SAP ERP implementations at Philips Telecommunications, Maxtor Corporation, Haldia Petrochemicals and Gartner Group. After this, Kaushik joined Rapidigm, Inc. as Sr. SAP Consultant and undertook cascading SAP ERP implementations at Bayer Corporation for the Polymers, Animal Health, Pharmaceuticals, Rubber and Consumer Care divisions. In 2007, Kaushik moved away from SAP ERP consulting and joined Matthews International becoming the SAP Technical Development Manager. After 10 years at Matthews, Kaushik joined Axiall Corporation, formerly PPG Chemicals as part of the SAP Certified Center of Excellence team and undertook two major SAP Implementations.
Overall, Kaushik has 10 years of Project Management experience and has provided leadership in 14 full cycle SAP ERP project implementations. Kaushik has in-depth knowledge and experience in the business areas of Finance, Sales and Distribution, Logistics Execution, Transportation, Quality Management, Supply Chain Management, and Plant Maintenance. He has global experience with businesses in US, Canada, Singapore and India and has managed both onshore, near-shore and off-shore models. He has delivery experience of key implementation, stabilization and support projects involving internal and external business partners like banks, vendors, suppliers and transportation agents.
In parallel to his industry experience, Kaushik has always been involved in teaching and mentoring. He has tutored for IIT entrance examinations in Physics and Mathematics, followed by teaching at in-house SAP trainings at Price Waterhouse Coopers and Matthews International. He has also been a coach for the Robotics program for the First Lego League and First Tech Challenge.
- BUSBIS 1630 - PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- BUSBIS 1060 - INTRO TO INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- BUSBIS 1600 - TEC-ENABLED BUS TRANSFORMATION
- “SAP ASUG 2012 Presenter” at ASUG International Training session
• Elected member of Delta Mu Delta, International Honor Society in Business Administration in recognition of high scholastic attainment in MBA program
• “Agility Award” at Axiall Corp. 3rd Quarter 2014 – received one of the key Axiall Internal Quarterly awards voted by peers
• “SAP ASUG 2012 Presenter” – presenter of ASUG Training session at ASUG 2012.
• “Key Contributor Award” – at Price Waterhouse Coopers, from projects from all over PWC-US.
• "Best Project Player Award" for outstanding contributions to the Gartner Group project with PricewaterhouseCoopers
- President of the Bengali Association of Pittsburgh 2012 – A non-profit organization that promotes Bengali culture and tradition in Pittsburgh
- Mentor for Robotics Team for First Lego League and First tech Challenge
- SAP Consultant at Price Waterhouse Coopers, Rapidigm Inc,
Kaushik has a tremendous passion in dramatics and acts in and directs dramas. He is also an avid photographer as well as a robotics enthusiast. He likes to spend time with his wife Sinchita and son Chancharik, and enjoys camping in summer.