- Ph.D. - Systems Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- M.S. - Electrical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
Eric joined the Faculty of Katz in 2015 to help develop the Center for Supply Chain Management. In addition to his duties with the Center for Supply Chain Management, Eric is looking forward to teaching and advising classes in Supply Chain Management, Operations and Consulting.
Eric has a background in both business and technology. He started his consulting career with McKinsey & Company and has been an independent consultant for over 10 years. In addition to a number of supply chain and operations consulting assignments, Eric also worked at FreeMarkets during its hyper-growth period, helping develop the sourcing operations and other strategic initiatives.
Prior to his career in business, Eric’s technology experience includes engineering degrees from Pitt and Penn, with a focus in robotics. He co-authored a series of journal articles, conference papers and videos, and technical publications based on his research. After completing his Ph.D., he became a member of technical staff at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab, earning a patent in teleoperations with a team exploring robotic surgery.
- Associate Director, Center for Supply Chain Management
- Member of Business Analytics and Operations Faculty
Courses Recently Taught
- Operations Management (beginning in fall 2015)
- Field Consulting (Executive coach and now faculty advisor)
External Service and Assignments
Chairman of the Board, FOCUS North America, a national, faith-based non-profit providing action oriented and sustainable solutions to poverty in communities across America.
As an independent consult, recent project highlights include:
- Assisted in re-organizing the IT function at a global insurance services firm
- Assisted with post-merger integration for a logistics company
- Assisted leadership in strategic planning for an aerospace OEM
- Sized strategic market opportunities for a technology services firm
- Developed a product/market segmentation for a high-tech OEM
- Developed a Sales and Operations Planning process for an aerospace OEM
- Evaluated a health-care company’s technology needs and build versus buy options
Enjoy sailing and music, and most of all, the fun and excitement of raising three teenagers with his wife, Lia.