Marketing and Business Economics at Katz
The Marketing and Business Economics group at Katz is proud of both its research productivity and outstanding teaching tradition.
Despite its relatively small size, the MBE group has been ranked 7th among all public universities in the UT Dallas Rankings for the span 2009 to 2012. This accomplishment is possible because of the remarkable research environment present at Katz, distinct for its:
- Unique research incentive program that rewards productivity with course load reductions
- Strong research facilities and active subject pool
- Stimulating world-class speaker series, both at Pitt and Carnegie Mellon University
- Outstanding events, such as:
- The annual Sheth Marketing Camp, which acts as an incubator for new research among faculty members and distinguished guests
- The Marketing Academic Research Colloquium, a yearly meeting of faculty and doctoral students from Katz, the University of Maryland, CMU, and Penn State University.
- Selective, successful PhD program that yields top-level placements and opportunities to collaborate on A-level publications
- Connections to alumni who have blazed new trails in research and practice
- Leadership provided by Associate Dean for Research and MBE group member Jeff Inman
Excellence in teaching is a critical part of our mission. Examples of the MBE group's teaching accomplishments and resources include:
- A track record of nationally and regionally-award winning teams from the undergraduate Projects in Marketing course
- Multiple faculty winners of the Dean's Excellence and Teacher of the Year Honors, at both undergraduate and MBA levels
- Grants to support experience-based learning, championed by MBE faculty members Kiersten Maryott and R. Venkatesh
- Reciprocal exchange with Carnegie Mellon University, allowing PhD students access to a broader range of courses and rich interdisciplinary resources
We invite you to learn more about our resources and culture by exploring stories about MBE Events, browsing a list of our notable alumni, as well as considering our recent job openings. For more information, please contact the school's director of marketing communications, Kate Ledger.