All of our MBA programs require a bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. university (as determined by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation), or the non-U.S. equivalent. In addition, official and satisfactory GMAT (600 or higher) or GRE (high 150s in each section) and TOEFL (100 or higher) or IELTS (7 or higher) scores are evaluated. Post-undergraduate full-time work experience is preferred but may be substituted for some programs with a combination of strong academic ability and substantive internships or co-ops, to be reviewed by the admissions committee. Please note that under no circumstances do we waive GMAT or GRE.
Additional Requirements for Select Programs*
- A GMAT score of 600 or better is preferred
- At least two years of relevant post-undergraduate full-time work experience
- As the Professional MBA Program is designed for working adults, evidence of post-undergraduate full-time work experience is preferred with demonstrated responsibility and leadership
- Information systems (IS) credentials and/or IS work-experience are expected
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or the hard sciences
- It is recommended that applicants apply to this program during their first year of study at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Identify a foreign country of interest in whose native language you are proficient and where you will conduct an internship
*The Two-Year MBA and Joint-degrees with the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs (GSPIA) do not have additional program-specific requirements.