The Center for Supply Chain Management's Breakfast Speaker Series is an opportunity for professionals in the supply chain management field to learn from industry experts on contemporary issues in supply chain management. The format permits time to network over breakfast, followed by a panel discussion or talk on a supply chain management issue, and ending with a Q&A session.
Benefits of Attending
Participants will be able to:
Learn more about best practices and potential pitfalls in contemporary issues in supply chain management. This knowledge can be immediately applied to their own jobs.
Take advantage of effective management strategies for creating profitable growth through cutting-edge supply chain management technologies
Evaluate the pros and cons of global and local opportunities vs. new networking relationships vs. customer responsiveness
Create new business relationships with colleagues in the supply chain management field in the tri-state area in a casual setting
Discuss. Relate. Apply.
Breakfast Speaker Series
This event has been postponed due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Corey Gibbons, Head of Supply Chain, Philips Sleep & Respiratory Care
The Ripple Effect of the Coronavirus on Supply Chains
The modern supply chain consists of a complex, transnational web of suppliers, processors and markets. Healthcare supply chains, the focus of this talk, are global as well: components for devices are made in China for assembly in the US, and ingredients for medicines are manufactured in China for use in India. As Chinese companies struggle to restart production, the effect of the lockdowns throughout China and the uncertainty about the likely course of the virus is rippling downstream globally in supply chains. In this talk, Corey will trace the Philips Respironics supply chain, discuss the impact the Coronavirus is having, and what they are doing to mitigate the impact of such disruptive events now and in the future.
Corey is an experienced lean operations management professional delivering consistent year-over-year results with a technical, driven and personal leadership style gained through formal training and over 18 years of broad manufacturing, supply chain, distribution and business operations management experience. He has delivered results with a focus on team building and mentoring, clear communication of goals and expectations, and active, hands-on leadership with deep participation in the day-to-day tactical and future strategic objectives of the business. In his current role, Corey is, among other things, responsible for Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), and Product Industrialization & Delivery strategy, Product Quality, Availability and Lead Time-putting him squarely in the middle of managing the Coronavirus disruption for Philips Sleep and Respiratory Care.
- Friday, January 31, 2020 - Breakfast Speaker Series with Christopher J. Smith and Martin Barkman
- Friday, March 29, 2019 - C-Level Challenges of Managing a Global Supply Chain
- Friday, April 6, 2018 - Managing a Global Supply Chain During a Chapter 11 Transformation
- Friday, February 23, 2018 - The Evolving Role of 3PLs in Today’s Changing Retail Market
- Friday, April 7, 2017 - Omni-Opportunities in Retail Supply Chain Management.
- February 24, 2017 - Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Opportunities.
- April 8, 2016 - A CEO's Perspective on Supply Chain Management. Read recap.
- February 26, 2016 - Sustainability in the Supply Chain in the Digital Age. Read recap.
- December 4, 2015 - 3-D Printing and Its Impact on the Supply Chain. Read recap.
- September 18, 2015 - Reverse Logistics: Implementation and Impact at Dell, Inc. Read recap.
- May 8, 2015 - Predictive Analytics in the Supply Chain. Read recap.
- February 13, 2015 - Technology Trends in Transportation. Read recap.