TiE-Pittsburgh's 5th Annual Start-up & BMR Showcase
The International Business Center was pleased to again host the annual TiE-Pittsburgh Start-up and BMR Showcase.
Tuesday, December 11, 2018
5:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
TiE-Pittsburgh’s mission is to foster entrepreneurship through mentoring to positively affect the growth and prosperity of our region. For early stage entrepreneurs, getting a new company off the ground and into the market is an exciting but often daunting challenge. TiE-Pittsburgh is presenting its second annual innovative competition for entrepreneurs. Ten finalists will participate. Each finalist will present a three minute pitch to the audience and panel of judges. The judges may ask questions for two additional minutes. The top three companies will be measured on their presentation content & style, responses to questioning, and the showcase of their product. The top three companies will receive awards to promote and cultivate their start-ups. The judges and mentor panel will be comprised of TiE-Pittsburgh Charter Members and prominent business leaders.
Company Applicant Criteria
- Accomplished start-up company leaders with passion
- Great Idea (must have a compelling value proposition)
- Big Market (some level of validation)
- Not looking for proven product or service; it is understood that many applicants will be early-stage companies with (as yet unresolved) technology risk
- May have identified trial customers or confirmed trial customers
- Pre-Series A (may have raised modest amounts of capital from angels or other sources)